Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2019

WALT: Decide on our purpose for writing.

Strange Town

The moon rose on the edge of the horizon.
Then the inhabitants of strange town started to emerge, flowing out of their houses onto the cold smooth cobblestone streets.
They were almost as peculiar as their strange houses, which towered over each other in an array of uncountable amounts of different shapes, storeys and sizes, some with turrets sticking out of the roofs.
Small lanterns hung on their houses in different patterns and heights.
Tall, leafless, spindly trees stuck out of the dark green prickly grass their branches curly on the ends.
A broken sign swung on the one post it still clung on to, it’s lights flickering on and off in the moonlight.
The smooth cobblestone turned to wood as a wooden plank path led to a harbour full of old rotten boats that were anchored in the murky lake that looked and smelled similar to sewer water.
Then suddenly rays of golden light shone out from somewhere on the horizon.

Then the people or things of Strange Town disappeared back into their houses.


This is my poem that was inspired by a photo on Pobble 365: Strange Town. I really like writing poems and that is why I decide to write one. Please share you feedback and thoughts in the the comment section.

Thanks Lola

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora.
    My name is Zara and I am a year 6 student at Paihia Primary School. I really liked the way you used descriptive words and your writing painted a strong image in my head. I remember when we did a narrative story it was really fun I hope we get to do it again. Is writing a poem easy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora.
    My name is Zhynaliyah and I am a year 8 student at Paihia School. I liked the way you used your descriptive words when you were talking about smelling the sewage water that reminded me of when I went past the rubbish dump. Also quick question do you have a passion for writing? Aslo keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Kayden from Paihia School I really like your blog post about Strange town
    It seems very interesting.I like how you explained about what was happening in the story. I also like how you have put in a lot of detail about the strange house and the other things in the story. It was a really good story hope you can make another story like this, I really enjoyed reading your story. What type of writing do you like? Can’t wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete