Pages

Monday, April 20, 2020

How To Make Feijoa Juice
Prep time: 15 minutes
Serves: 8 glasses
Ingredients:
11 feijoas
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 ½ tablespoons of honey
2 cups of water


Method:
1. Start by picking out your feijoas. I used eleven but if you want your drink to be thinner or thicker
then you can change up the ratios.

2. Next cut your feijoas in half, then use a spoon to scoop out the pulp from the inside.
You can put them straight into the blender but I preferred putting them into a small bowl.

3. Once you’ve finished scooping out all the pulp, tip them into your blender - unless they were already in there - and add the water, sugar and honey.

4. Turn on the blender, checking it every now and then to see if everything is combined.

5. Once the mixture is smooth and no lumps of feijoa pulp is left, pour into a bottle or jug and put into the fridge until served.

6. Enjoy! Serve with ice cubes and a sprig of mint.


Tips:
1) Double the mixture if you are wishing to make a large batch, blend for longer.

2) Feel free to dilute the drink with one part juice on part water if you are used to subtle drinks.

3) Use a serrated knife to cut the feijoas in half, and a medium sized spoon to scoop out the pulp.

4) When you first start blending the drink, do it with the pulse option then move onto the other continuous ones.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lola
    I like how your recipe is very detailed and precise.
    Someone making feijoa juice for the first time would have no problems following that recipe.
    I love feijoa's, so i'm definitely going to give it a go!
    A video or photo's of you making it would have been a lovely touch also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds so yum...
    I am going to have to try it if I can get my hand on some feijoas. Did you make this up yourself? I would not of thought to add honey with feijoas in a smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lola, this looks delicious and is a great way to use feijoas. I wonder if there will be any left on the trees at school when we get back there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lola, I love your feijoa juice recipe. Its a lovely way to use a lot of feijoas. Your instructions are clear and easy to follow. I like the idea of using honey as well as sugar. I'll try this recipe next time I have a glut of feijoas.

    ReplyDelete