Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Visual Art: Tessellations





W.A.L.T: Create a tessellation.

These are my three tessellations that I have drawn along with the rest of my class. The drawing that's coloured in and is made out of squares is the last tessellation that I did, I copied it of a picture from google images. I made my 2nd attempt at a tessellation look purposely like a turtle. And the first tessellation that I drew was, well the first tessellation that I did so when I did that I just played around with it and tried out this type of tessellations for the first time.

Here's how I made the first two tessellations that I did...
What you will need
  1.  First I cut out a square/rectangle of card stock.
  2. Next I drew then cut a shape/design on on side of the card and on the top side of the card.
  3. Then keeping the design/shape where I cut it out of, I slid the shape/design to the side opposite where it was now.
  4. I stuck the cut shape/design to the opposite side with tape, I did this for both sides.
  5. After that place your stencil on a piece of paper and trace around it.
  6. Slot your stencil into the traced version of it, and trace your stencil again.
  7. Do this until your piece of paper is full.
If you don't understand these instructions then please watch this video for clearer ones.This video taught me how to make tessellations and tricks that makes it much easier to make them.



I found making tessellations really fun and I had a awesome time making them. For me it was kind of hard to decide on what patterns to do on the card, but in the end I eventually decided on what pattern to do.

Have you ever made a tessellation before?

1 comment:

  1. hi lola im chloe i really like your art i like the detail you have put in it.I like how you put step's in in it so other people can do it.

    ReplyDelete